Have you been feeling tired, depressed, gaining weight, memory trouble, difficulty concentrating, with immune system problems? Probably you could be dealing with low levels of Iodine in your body. Iodine is an essential element for the human body, that recently because of an obscure misunderstanding has been considered dangerous and consequently almost eliminated from our diet. This has been the cause of a growing presence of hypothyroidism worldwide.
Iodine insufficiency is associated with many health conditions:
- Mental issues like attention deficit, low IQ, autism and cretinism.
- Slow metabolism, leading to fatigue, fatigue, apathy, depression and insomnia.
- Fibrocystic breast breast disease that can lead to breast cancer, stomach cancer, and enlargement of the thyroid gland.
- Deficient saliva production, dry skin and lack of sweating.
- Reduced ability of detoxification by the body, especially of heavy metals, bromides and fluorides.
- Temperature changes sensitivity, cold hands and feet.
- Fibromyalgia, fibrosis.
- Infertility, erectile dysfunction, low libido, overweight.
- High blood pressure, heart attacks and strokes.
The recommended daily allowance of Iodine is 150 mcg (micrograms) per day, which is a very low amount. Recent research has found that the thyroid requires 100 times (15 mg) that quantity of Iodine for optimal thyroid functioning. Japanese people because of their seafood diet consume approximately 13 mg of Iodine daily.
The most effective Iodine supplementation is Lugol’s solution which contains 5% Iodide and 10% Iodine.